Ingeborg is almost a mum!

The time that Troy is wondering around on planet earth
Lilypie Baby Ticker

Monday, November 15, 2004

Baby, You Can Drive My Car !

I bought a car ! On the photo below you can see my new toy on wheels:



Alright, alright, that is not really entirely true. If you dream, dream huge.
But I do have a car. I bought it at a car market in Auckland on november the 7th. It is an Subaru Justy from 1985 with 4 wheel drive ! And it works, that is the best part. According to the Tjech couple I bought it from, the car is a boy and has a name. His name is Barik. So I decided to leave it like that. Here a picture of my new boyfriend Barik:



It's not exactly my car, but close enough to give you an idea.
The colour is not grey, but dark silver, just so you know.
I needed to buy a car to get a job, because it was very hard to get a job without owning a car.
Of course it is very hard to buy a car without having a job, so what to do ? I took the risk, used my creditcard and spend my almost last money on it. Luckely, it worked out allright.

A week ago I had a job interview at the Mercure Grand Puka Resort in Pauanui, in the Coromandel Peninsula region (still North Island). The interview went well and the restaurant manager Stefan asked me to stay in the neighbourhood and he would let me know on thursday. So I camped in Whangamata, half an hour away from Pauanui. There was a gorgious beach over there and the weather was fantastic, so I had fun.

On thursday I received the news that I was hired as a waitress at the Mercure Grand Puka Resort and I could also use one of their rooms for staff accomodation. The resort is in the middle of a forest and with a view on the beach and part of the village.

You can take a look at their website to get an idea:
http://www.pukapark.co.nz/

Beautiful surroundings any way. I am really glad I escaped Auckland, which I didn't really like that much. Just another city, while there are so many lovely other places I have to explore in this country.
Till next update !

0 look who's talking:

Post a Comment

<< Home